We are water!
Did you know the body is actually made up of about 60 - 70% water! We all know we “should drink more water” but for some reason, we aren’t too good at doing it. Instead, we turn to carbonated, sugary drinks. Why? One word: Flavour.
The temperatures are getting warmer now and it’s even more important to keep hydrated so why not try some our fruit infused water recipes and turn boring glasses of water into something natural, healthy, and delicious!
Strawberry and Kiwi Infused Water
5 strawberries, sliced
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1⁄2 lime, cut into wedges
1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
1. Put kiwi and strawberry slices in the water.
2. Slightly mash the strawberries and kiwi slices with a fork.
3. Add mint to a small bowl and mash to release its natural oil, to the water.
4. Shake well to begin the infusion process.
Lemon and Berry Infused Water
3 cucumber slices
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ pack of mint leaves
1. Add sliced cucumber, blackberries, and lemon juice to water.
2. Add ice, shake well, and refrigerate for an hour.
3. Add mint leaves as garnish
Green Tea Cooler
1 green tea bag
4-5 cucumber slices
1⁄4 tbsp ginger, crushed
1. Mix all the ingredients together in water.
2. Shake well and let it infuse at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Before serving, shake well and remove the tea bag.