The physical and mental benefits of positive thinking are fantastic! It can give you more confidence, improve your mood and turn that frown upside down! It can even lessen your chances of developing conditions such as, depression, hypertension or other stress-related conditions.
It can sometimes feel hard to pin down what ‘positive thinking’ is, and in order to be effective at it, we thought you might like to read through our tips and see if you can incorporate some of them into your life:
1. Turn negative self-talk into positive self-talk. Don’t let those kinds of thoughts creep in, they are just thoughts and not real. If we constantly tell ourselves ‘I’m bad at this’ or ‘I can’t do this’ then we end up internalising them and our body or brain behaves accordingly. If you catch yourself carrying negative self-talk. Stop and change it into positive,‘…the more I do this the better I’ll get’.
2. Start your day with a positive affirmation. We can all too often wake up late or wake panicking about something and then it can overspill into the rest of the day where it feels nothing goes right, all because it we started out on a negative thought. So, start your day in front of the mirror saying a positive affirmation and see how it can work its magic on the tone of your day. Why not check out our #WisdomWednesday affirmations on our IG account @sandseasparetreat to kick off your new positive mindset!
3. Learn from failure. You aren’t perfect. None of us are. We will all make mistakes and experience failure at various times in our life, whether it’s in your job, with people, money, or any context. Shift your focus away from the failure and onto what you will learn from it and the more things you learn, the more worthy the mistake.
4. Focus on the good things. We all encounter obstacles throughout our day but when we do, focus on the benefits, however small they may seem. If you’re stuck in traffic, focus on the opportunity to turn up the music or switch on a podcast you’ve been meaning to listen to. Try it today.
5. Find positive friends and experiences. Surround yourself with people who have positive outlooks, stories, and affirmations. Their words will become part of who you are. Finding positive people can be tricky but it’s important to get rid of negativity so step out of your comfort zone and try out a new yoga class or book yourself into a new experience and who knows who you will meet.
Searching for positive experiences? Check out what our Sand SeaSpa retreats can offer you. Take yourself away from the humdrum and off to the peaceful Devon coast where you’ll meet positive people and return renewed and reenergised! Email us today at email@example.com and start your journey to wellbeing.